Formal channels: company registration in Thailand
With the deepening of trade exchange between Thailand and other countries in the world, more and more foreigners have invested in Thailand, turning company registration and founding an issue of top concern to overseas investors. The Thailand’s law stipulates that overseas foreigners shall not set up companies in Thailand without participation of Thai enterprises under general conditions. Meanwhile, foreigners cannot take a 100% stake in ordinary companies, exceeding large-scale enterprises in some specific industries, such as manufacturing, energy, and high technology.
For those who are not familiar with the laws and practices of setting up enterprises in Thailand, registering a business in Thailand can be difficult and challenging.
"Type of possible registered company"
Different types of companies are faced with different requirements on business scope. We sincerely invite you to have a consultation meeting with Mandarin lawyers to position your needs and let them give the best suggestions for your new company in Thailand.
|Thai Limited Company|
Fully foreign-owned （BOI compan、FBL company）
|Branch Office||Respresentative Office|
Joint venture registration in Thailand
● We will try our best to assist you in getting approvals for all documents and formalities required of your company registration as soon as possible so that you can found your company in the shortest time.
● MDR has a professional company registration team. Relying on MDR’s Thailand accounting channel network, we are familiar with Thailand’s registration laws and regulations, company law, and difficulties and risks involved in the process of company registration.
More efficiency and more success with MDR.
Formal legal procedures
Quick consulting channel
|Line: mdrlaw||What's app: +66 632288821||Facebook: mdrlaw||E-mail: email@example.com|
We have offices in Thailand, and our professional lawyers are at your service, helping you collect required materials and drafting relevant documents:
1. Drafting the company name and registered capital, and selecting shareholders and directors;
2. Handling value-added taxes of registered companies;
3. Handling social security of registered companies;
4. Handling various permits involved in industries;
5. Declaring taxes and conducting monthly and annual account audit;
6. Opening bank accounts (opening of online bank accounts and POS service) for registered companies.
We can also provide follow-up acting accounting, trademark registration, opening business accounts and recruitment work for newly registered companies.
1. Companies which are hard to be approved by the domestic government (of the country borne on your passport) and companies from special industries can be founded in Thailand. Meanwhile, you can open the import and export remittance account for any currency to facilitate your international business activities.
2. You are entitled to reductions of income taxes by forming joint ventures with domestic enterprises in the name of Thai company. Or you can merge and acquire domestic enterprises, change companies’ status and nature in this way.
3. Natural persons or legal persons and their relatives can also apply for long-term residence, visa circulation and work permit to facilitate your entry and exit, or apply for visas to Europe and North America. At the same time, you can apply for business visa circulation to Hong Kong in China’s Embassy in Thailand in half a year or one year.
4. If you have lived in Thailand for no less than three years, you can apply for permanent residence, including for your dependents. If you have lived in Thailand for no less than five years, you can apply to join the Thai nationality and freely visit ten member countries of the ASEAN and other dozens of countries without visas.
5. You can enjoy preferential treatment for overseas Chinese or Chinese citizens while organizing business activities or investment activities in your domestic country in the name of a foreign company.
On questions that most companies and people concerning about, we would like to provide the following information.
The joint venture requires a minimum of 2 shareholders and a maximum of 50, of whom there should be at least one Thai shareholder with a share ratio of no less than 51%. Practically, there are normally 2 Thai shareholders arranged in order to reduce the probability of disputes and increase the possibility of winning.
After the registration, Thai people and partners from other countries will jointly shoulder corresponding legal responsibilities. You don’t have to worry about that. Our services can help you with this problem and stay away from risks.
Mandarin will offer 3 to 5 English names. The review period will last for 3 to 5 days without any expenses. After the confirmation of the name, you should hand in documents for registration within one month.
Generally, one million Baht is the starting line. If you need to apply for a work visa, then it should be determined by requirements made by Thailand about the registered capital for a work visa. More capital does not mean the better. Actually, in practical operation, registered capital is highly related to the registration fee and the following financial accounting. The more registered capital is, the following-up fee will be higher. So, we don’t recommend you write a high registered capital.
After registration, you need to open an account for the company. Theoretically, the legal person should be present personally, but the account can also be opened on behalf of by others. With the presence of the legal person, it takes 7 working days to complete the audit, and with the absence of a legal person, it takes about 20 working days. A baht account or a dollar account may be opened.
Companies with an annual turnover of more than 1.8 million Baht are registered to pay Value Added Taxed (VAT) within 30 days since the date when the annual turnover exceeds that amount. If the annual income is less than 1.8 million Baht, VAT is not necessary to be registered initially.
After the establishment of the company, you need a professional accountant to handle the accounts and tax declaration. This not only saves costs and time greatly, but also can give you an optimal tax plan within the framework of the law, and tax risks can be effectively managed.
After the establishment of the company, you need to register the brand name as a trademark to protect it, enhance its own value, expand its popularity, build a protective wall for your goods and services. You can hand these affairs over to Mandarin. It is much faster.
Mandarin can also help with other affairs such as the official seal for the company. You don’t need to engrave the seal by yourself.